The most widely used marketing tool to get readers on your list or to take a chance on a new author is the free giveaway. This strategy has been used to:
- Rank higher on Amazon and other retailers
- Get reviews so that they could be used for other promotions.
Wish I had known: The free giveaway is as simple or complicated as you want it to be.
Trial and error is key. There is no one size fits all formula for marketing romance.
- Make the first book in a series free.
- Write a short story that leads into your first book. If you classify a short story between 5000 -10,000 words or less then a teaser story would be perfect.
- Do blog promotions with your fellow authors with contests.
If you only have one book so far. Here is a good Case Study for you.
What promotions have helped grow your list?